Friday, March 21, 2008

The Biggest Loser

For those of you who recall, one of my previous blogs ("When the Lights Go Out" - January 15) dealt with my height deficiency. Don't get me wrong. I am happy with my body. It's just that I'm not as tall as I should be for my present weight. I am endeavoring to understand why in the last several years my pants have been shrinking too. Perhaps I should be changing my detergent. What do you think? In any event, the local JCC (Jewish Community Center) to which I belong is holding a new contest patterned after the successful TV series "The Biggest Loser." I have been recorded as to size and weight and I am now working with a professional trainer to shed inches and pounds between now and the next five and a half weeks. Whoever wins gets another 10 personal trainer sessions to really get trimmed. It's a great opportunity for me to work with a trainer and make some healthy lifestyle changes. I know I need to eliminate a lot of sugar from my diet and I need some help with other food choices. I will be meeting with a nutritionist as part of the program this weekend. Meanwhile, even if I don't win the contest, I will be be burning more calories and working out more often. It can't hurt.

No comments: