Friday, February 13, 2009

Where is Alan?


Well, Carnival activities have been fast and furious and I apologize to my faithful readers (all two of you) that I haven't had much of a presence lately. Between regular (or irregular as it were) work responsiblities and taking care of Carnival balls and tableau manuscripts, I have been a busy camper. It doesn't get less busy in the next two weeks. If anything can be said, it really gets ramped up and more frenetic until the big day, February 24. Mardi Gras is only one day, but we have a side economy built around it down here. The $1 billion it generates is nothing to sneeze at and, besides, it's so much more fun that one can ever have doing anything else. So, if you are on the street, look for me at Gallier Hall where I will be announcing several parades. If you happen not to reside in or around New Orleans or weren't planning on joining the festivities, my only question to you you is what's keeping you? A happy little phrase says it all: "laissez les bon temps rouler!" (which means "let the good times roll!").

No comments: